MS (Ophth), gold medal
FRCS (Edin) (Ophth)
MSc (Community Eye Health)
1992 B.J. Medical (Pune University) 1st class
1997 Govt. Medical College, Miraj
1998 New Delhi
2001 Royal College of Surgeon, Edinburg.
distinction 2001 University College, London.
Dr. Parikshit Gogate
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, D.Y.Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune since 2012.
- Attended the foundation course for the Indian Police Service at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
- Medical Director, Atharva Netralaya Pvt Ltd, a corporate eye hospital chain with a philanthrophic touch, May 2013-
- Faculty, Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, School of optometry (1998-2009) and Dnyan Prabhodhini School of Optometry (Pune University Course) 1998-2002
- Head, Department of Community Eye Care, ORBIS supported Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, H. V. Desai Eye Hospital, Pune, India. Consultant since 1998-Aug 2009.
- Medical director of H.V.Desai Eye Hospital, Pune February 2008 – June 2009.
- Course Coordinator Clinical Research and Data management certificate course of University of Pune, at the H.V.Desai Eye Hospital (2006-7).
- Has conducted 8 ICH-GCP clinical trials.
- Visiting Faculty – International Center for Advancement of Rural Eye care, L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad (2002- ).
- Visiting Surgeon at a rural clinic at Dr. Mokashi Memorial Hospital, Borawke Trust, Village Tandulwadi, Taluka Baramati (1999- ).
- Visiting faculty & Phaco trainer at Lions NAB Eye Hospital, Miraj 2002-3; visiting faculty for pediatric ophthalmology and community eye care and research advisor 2009-13
- Visitor, African Vision Research Institute, Durban, South Africa (2012-)
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at a Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune 2001-2009
- Evaluator for ORBIS International, India country office’s childhood blindness initiative in India, Nepal, Zambia and Ethiopia.
- Editor – Blink Magazine of Maharashtra Ophthalmology Society 2006-15.
- Editor – POSTER Poona Ophthalmology society magazine 2007-09
- Member, Editorial board of Indian edition of Community Eye Health 2004-9
- Sub-editor, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2012-
- Member, Editorial board, Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology & Research (2012-)
- More than 39,000 intraocular surgeries, >1200 pediatric eye surgeries
- Secretary, International Society of Geographic & Epidemiologic Ophthalology (2014-)
- Secretary, Poona Ophthalmology Society 2012-13. Joint secretary in 2011-12
- Secretary, International Society of Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgeons (2012- ).
- Treasurer, Maharashtra Ophthalmology Society (2015-16), Jt Treasurer 2014-15
- Member West zone, Academic & Research Committee, All India Ophthalmology Society (2014-17)
- Conducted free cataract surgery mega-camps in Baramati in Dec 2009, July 2010, Dec 2010, July 2011 and July 2012. The last one with Prof. T.P.Lahane and Dr. Ragini Parikh in which 277 cataract surgeries were performed in a single day.
- Publications: 65 papers in peer reviewed journals, Reviewer for British Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology, International Ophthalmology, Eye, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Archives of Ophthalmology, Clinical & experimental Ophthalmology, PLoS One, Middle East Africa Journal of Ophthalmology, Asia Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Epidemiology, International Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology & Research and the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Presentations: 77 international presentations, 164 national and state level presentations.
- Main areas of Interest: Cataract surgery, Community Eye Health; Paediatric ophthalmology, Training and Research.